Saturday, January 30, 2010

The Christmas Count-Down Has Begun!


I have this lofty goal of making all my Christmas gifts next year. I always have high aspirations, but never start soon enough, so usually only a few people get genuine, one-of-a-kind, hand crafted creations! Sooooo...I'm thinking, if I start now, I have a fair chance of getting this done!

Project Number 1: Christmas stocking for nephew.
I am attempting something never before seen in the Jennifer realm of creativity...Crazy Quilting.
As someone who knows me all too well said, "Jennifer doesn't sew. She thinks about it. Plans it. Even buys fabric. But she NEVER sews!"
Well....I'm here to tell you, Jennifer is sewing!
I went through all the piles of fabric in our possession and found all the Christmasy stuff!
I found a pattern and between that and Googleing (is that a word?) "How to Crazy Quilt," I set off!
So far I'm liking this project, which is a good thing. However, I do wonder what we ever did before Google let us look the the creative genius of others who so helpfully post their inspired handiwork!










1 comment:

littlebitty said...

It looks so very cute!!