Wednesday, August 13, 2008

Getting Pretty!

I have been wanting to get my nails done. Now I realize this is an ordinary thing. Millions of women get their nails done all the time! But I have never wanted to spend the money on it. I've always done the do-it-yourself-at-home kinds! Which are OK, but i'm tired of them. So I really, really wanted for once to actually sit in that chair and have someone else (who specializes in such things, no less!) do my nails.

So my Grandma and I went out. First she treated us both to hair cuts then I treated us both to the nail salon! She received an indulgent mani/pedi which she GREATLY enjoyed!

And I got my nails done! Oh, the tools and chemicals they have that are sorely missing on the do-it-yourself options! They are gorgeous, if I do say so myself. And they match my toenails! (which, in fact, I did do cheaply myself!)

Now I am patiently suffering the initial soreness of newly applied nails! What we go through fo beauty! But it's OK, in a couple of days I won't even notice them anymore except to see how lovely they are. And look, I don't even think I made any nail-induced typing errors in this post!

3 comments:

Dutchess said...

or smudges.....
I always have smudges...

the delapers said...

How lovely! When Freeman saw your toenail job, he exclaimed "Those are beautiful!"

Jennifer said...

Ohhhh! I love the appreciation of little boys!
:)