Friday, August 8, 2008

Signs of the Times...

I've always had a thing for funny signs! For some reason I just notice them! Unfortunately, most of the time they're in such unexpected places, I don't have camera poised and ready to capture them! For instance, there was a sign at one of the hospitals in Africa, in the pediatric ward that said "no children allowed" I mean, how ironic and funny is that? But I somehow didn't manage to bring my camera along on that trip!
I saw this sign in Florida and it hit me as brillianly funny. I showed the picture of it to someone and they didn't think it was so great. Maybe you had to be there. Maybe it's just me.
I don't know...

Then in Colorado I ran across this sign and every time I passed it I just laughed. Now, the gal I was with, (who is my Mom's age) thought I had a dirty little mind. But I just COULDNT HELP IT!
I mean, you tell me what YOU would think:

Some signs are surlely meant to be helpful, but are so ridiculous, you can't help but laugh, like this one out in the middle of nowhere!

Here's a sign that isn't funny, I just love it! It's over a highway in South Africa, and reads: If there's no path, Create your own!"


4 comments:

Dutchess said...

you don't have a dirty mind, that is just a dirty little sign!!

Jennifer said...

That's what I'm sayin'...

the delapers said...

Thats hilarious!!! EVERYONE knows what a "quickie" infers...
I personally love the no dogs or sailors on the grass sign!

Jennifer said...

Thank you!
It's not just me!