Saturday, August 2, 2008

Taking Time Out!

Every once in a while, I have learned, one MUST take some time and do something relaxing and fun for yourself! Otherwise, work takes over your life and you loose perspective.

In a moment of my own work-related stress. Well, actually a whole string of stresses! I decided to take a friend's advise and see Sanibel Island. She had told me it was her favorite place in the world. And that HAS to spark some curiosity! Especially when it's only about 3 or so hours away! On the spurr of the moment, I packed a bag and hit the road. I got to the island quite late and found, with the help of the trusty Garmin, a Holiday Inn and checked in!

The next day was spent from the crack of dawn until it was too dark to see, in the pure bliss of swimming, sunning on the beach, sea shell combing, reading, and driving through the most picturesque little place, ever!

I have never in my life seen so many shells! Some of the beaches were
made entirely of WHOLE shells! I mean you could dig down and it was nothing but shells! What a sensation to walk on them! I don't know how this happens, but it was fascinating!


I went home much refreshed and oh, so happy to have done this fun & crazy little outing! These kinds of things should be done more often!

6 comments:

Dutchess said...

now...I would like to see Sanibel Island!

the delapers said...

Wow, I would love to see a beach of all shells! That would be cool! Dallas wants to know if it hurt to walk on it?

the delapers said...

I like the new style on here!

the delapers said...

The one I saw that I liked was very similar in style to this one, and it was browns, I think, but it had flowers instead of clips on the sides...I can't remember anything else now...

Dutchess said...

You have som fascinating books on your bookshelf! How is the one about WWII wives?

Cilla-valerie said...

hey jennifer! i love your short hair...so cute on you! love, p